Dr. Emmanuel J. Rivera Rodríguez is a neuroscientist with focus on the genetic regulation of sleep, and learning and memory, utilizing insects as models. Additionally, Emmanuel’s scientific interests include science education, outreach, and mentoring. At HMS he works as a Curriculum Fellow in Translational and Biomedical Sciences. As a CF, Emmanuel aims to focus on designing and implementing novel teaching approaches and assessment tools, with a special focus on active learning.
- PhD: Neuroscience, Brandeis University (Griffith Lab)
- MSc: Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras (Co-mentored in the Tugrul and Agosto Labs)
- B.S.: Integrative Biology, University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras
Brandeis University Waltham, MA (January 2021 - May 2021)
- Neurobiology of Somatosensation: Awarded the University Prize for Instructorship (UPI). As part of the UPI, Emmanuel designed, and taught a full credit, semester-long course for senior undergraduate students.
Teaching Assistant (TA)
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA (September 2016 - May 2017)
- General Biology Laboratory I & II (laboratory and recitation)
University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras, PR (September 2014 - December 2014)
- Genetics Laboratory
E. J. Rivera-Rodríguez, N. Chen, Y. Zhang, M. Hobin, M. Adel, L. C. Griffith. Translational regulation of co-transmission establishes the sleep behavior in Drosophila. (In preparation).
M. Hobin, K. Dorfman, M. Adel, E. J. Rivera-Rodriguez, L. C. Griffith. (2021). Bantam regulates the adult sleep circuit in Drosophila. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.08.21.457226
M. A. Giannoni-Guzmán, E. J. Rivera-Rodriguez, J. Aleman-Rios, A. M. Melendez Moreno, M. Pérez Torres, E. Pérez-Claudio, D. Loubriel, D. Moore, T. Giray, J. L. Agosto-Rivera. (2021). The Role of Colony Temperature in the Entrainment of Circadian Rhythms of Honey Bee Foragers. doi: https://doi.org/10.1093/aesa/saab021
J. G. Flyer-Adams, E. J. Rivera-Rodríguez, J. D. Mardovin, J. Yu, L. C. Griffith. (2020). Regulation of olfactory associative memory by the circadian clock output signal Pigment Dispersing Factor (PDF). doi: https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0782-20.2020